1. What did you do in 2014 that you’d never done before?
– Took off my shirt in a club?
– Experienced a polar vortex
– Shopped for a new car
– Get a ticket violation
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
– I keep goals that I try to track regularly.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Melodie — did I miss anyone?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Robin, A colleague from work passed away
5. What countries did you visit?
I did not go out of the US this year. Within the States, I visited San Francisco, Washington DC, and Chicago.
6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
More gratitude and love
7. What date from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 25- The date when I got my green card.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Being able to complete my Whole30 diet and applying some of the practices from the Paleo diet.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Beating myself for things I cannot control and not being able to grow much.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Hand Pain, Runner’s Knee, and the usual flu
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A new car, and my new wallet! I love them.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior appalled you and made you depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Progress on my green card until it got approved!
16. What song will always remind you of 2014?
Frozen’s Let It Go
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? – sadder
ii. thinner or fatter? – fatter
iii. richer or poorer? – richer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Further enhance myself personally and professionally.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Overthinking and beating myself for failures and shortcomings.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Christmas eve was spent with some friends, but Christmas day was spent in bed. I practically slept the entire day.
21. Did you fall in love in 2014?
22. How many one-night stands?
I know but I’m not putting that info out here. Haha!
23. What was your favorite TV program?
House of Cards
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
The Fault in our stars
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
27. What did you want and not get?
28. Favorite film of this year?
Gone Girl, Boyhood, Interstellar
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
31st birthday was spent quietly with friends in Cincinnati.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014?
Smart Casual and more sporty.
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Weirdly, no one.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
35. Who did you miss?
Family and friends from the Philippines!
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Brian I guess.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014.
Do things that will make yourself happy and satisfied, and you need to be happy on your own.
Pain demands to be felt.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Guess it’s true, I’m not good at a one-night stand
But I still need love ’cause I’m just a man
These nights never seem to go to plan
I don’t want you to leave, will you hold my hand?