I was reading Chubbs’ blog in Multiply about the year-ender survey. I remember answering it a year ago and I just want to do it again for 2006! So many things have changed from last year and it’s exciting yet frightening to see changes.
1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?
Go to the ER to be checked because of a long-term fever. I got the chest X-ray and blood test. In the end, we didn’t find anything. A few days after, I felt better.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Last year’s resolution/goals were quite simple. Find passions and self-sufficiency. I’m not sure if I completed those goals but part of them yes. I took German lessons to continue my passion in learning.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My boss Mylene gave birth in July.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
A neighbor I think.
5. What countries did you visit?
Singapore, Indonesia (Bali), and Malaysia (KL).
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
A promotion! hahaha!
7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
It’s gotta be July 1 for my first project cutover. I learned a lot during that project.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Grow my network of friends and grow my knowledge.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not taking risks — again.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
The usual flu and the unidentified fever for 2 weeks.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I can’t pick one! My Canon camera, my insurance policy, my LV wallet which was stolen, and my current LV wallet which should not be stolen or be misplaced EVER.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Gillette AAI (SEAM, ANZ, India, HK/TW) Team!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Britney Spears after divorcing Kevin Federline. =)
14. Where did most of your money go?
Checking my accounting spreadsheets, food and wallets (dalawa e!).
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Cutover (end of a project) and getting to taste the best eclairs in the world (in Singapore).
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2006?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? — sadder (nagplateau na ang work life)
ii. thinner or fatter? — thinner (happily!)
iii. richer or poorer? — richer (thank you HP!)
18. What do you wish you’d done more?
take initiatives and putting myself forward.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
procrastinate — again.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With the family — again.
21. Did you fall in love in 2006?
nope! 2 straight years! I’m like Chubbs!
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Project Runway, Ugly Betty and Philippine Idol
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
Eurolingua 1. My Deutsch book.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
27. What did you want and get?
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Brokeback Mountain, The Devil Wears Prada
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 23 and filed a leave on that day. I watched Sukob! Go Kris! Finally, dinner with parents.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More moola! haha! — always!
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
32. What kept you sane?
internet and friends — as usual.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
This year? Nothing rings a bell e.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
35. Who did you miss?
Trisha Migallos of course!
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Our new hires!!!
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006:
“Work life balance is a choice.”
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
“No more drama in my life”