Another year is almost over. I am soooo looking forward to next year already. So tired of 2008 na. Hopefully, 2009 is waaay better.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’ve never done before?
– go to Puerto Galera, Hong Kong and Seoul,
– attend a concert alone (in a foreign country too!)
– get certified
– go to Ateneo Bonfire
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
My goal was more on balance of work and life, which I think was realized for most parts as I did a lot of decisions to ensure that the balance was well-maintained. I will definitely set goals again for 2009.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Andy’s wife delivered their daughter. We’re not too close though.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
None I think.
5. What country did you visit?
Singapore, US, Puerto Rico, South Korea, Hong Kong
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Jowa… again. And, can I add a pay hike?
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
February 16 – Spice Girls concert in Detroit!
April 30 – cert day!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Passing my certification exam.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Repeat last year’s lines: not taking enough risks — again.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
The usual flu and jetlag!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My desktop, desktop LCD, E71.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I dunno actually.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Some senior management email depressed me.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Food, luho (refer to #11)
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Spice Girls concert, moving
16. What songs will always remind you of 2008?
Womanizer! Britney’s comeback!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier, weirdly, I was having the blues during this time last year.
ii. thinner or fatter? fatter.
iii. richer or poorer? poorer (Spent a lot this year!)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
putting myself out there
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
procrastinate — I just do not learn!
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With the family — again.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
nope! Infatuation, yes but no love — 4th straight year!
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Gossip Girl, 90210, Ugly Betty!
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
… none, I only read things for my certification and Twilight series
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
27. What did you want and got?
refer to #11. And, my current role in the project.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Dark Knight.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 25 this year. Office and then dinner with parents. Usual.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Moola and jowa.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
32. What kept you sane?
Friends and internet.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Ryan Gosling, watched The Notebook again. hahaha.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
US Elections was cool!
35. Who did you miss?
my friends back home especially when I am out for business trips
36. Who was the best new person you met?
hmmm… parang wala.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
Nothing is permanent.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I like romantic things
Like music and art.
And as you know
I have a gigantic heart
So why don’t I have
It sucks to be me!
– It Sucks to Be Me, Avenue Q