I have been filling up this survey for years now! It’s kinda cool to see how my answers have changed year-on-year. :-) Happy new year!
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
– leave the Philippines and live on my own.
– sign a lease for an apartment, car and a loan.
– assemble a table, cabinet and a bed.
– celebrate Christmas without my parents.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Not resolutions, but goals. Need to post another blog about that.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
None that I know of.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
This year, none.
5. What countries did you visit?
Hong Kong with Kathy, Singapore with The_Court, US for the move!
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
A deep appreciation of life and a solid direction on what I want to do with it.
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
So many dates that will remain etched in my mind:
Feb 17-20 – HK with Kathy! Volume night! :)
May 20 – PMP certification!
May 29-31 – SG with the_court! (fun fun fun!)
July 28 – the saddest birthday I had because we (family, friends) were all feeling the weight of me leaving for the US.
July 30 – I left the Philippines.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Moving to another country. Getting my PMP!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not being able to take charge, and not being able to be as decisive as I want to be.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Flu, and I had a swarm of rashes. It’s all good and treated now.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I got a good deal with my HP 23″ LED monitor! I also got a big purchase on a mattress.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Can’t think of anyone at the moment.
13. Whose behavior appalled you and made you depressed?
There are things that should be left unsaid.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Setting myself up in the US. I needed to buy a car, to rent an apartment, and to fill up that apartment!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
moving to the US!
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Moves Like Jagger
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? – happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? – fatter
iii. richer or poorer? – richer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent Christmas with friends here in Cincinnati. It was pretty different than how I usually celebrate it but it’s fun nevertheless.
21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Gossip Girl, American Idol, X Factor (UK), Vampire Diaries, Project Runway
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
I haven’t read much this year. I guess the most worthwhile I’ve read was the continuation of the Percy Jackson series…
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
27. What did you want and not get?
28. Favorite film of this year?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 28 years old this year. I just simply celebrated it with parents since I was leaving in 2 days then. It was very emotional for all 3 of us.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
32. What kept you sane?
Friends, internet, Netflix and food!
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Men of Vampire Diaries!
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Philippine politics by itself has always stirred me! I’m starting to get hooked in the politics here in the US!
35. Who did you miss?
Family and friends from the Philippines!
36. Who was the best new person you met?
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
Be careful with what you wish for. You might actually get it and your expectations might be different from reality.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go
So make the best of this test, and don’t ask why
It’s not a question, but a lesson learned in time