It’s another yearend survey for me. It has been tradition already to fill this up and get some kind of idea of what happened this year.
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
– pass out in a fitness class.
– witness pride marches (twice!)
– spend my birthday without my parents.
– play volleyball with strangers.
– spend Christmas alone. I thought it was going to be bad, but it was not really the case.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Yup, and I will continue to have goals and plans for the next year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Steph! I think she’s the only one who gave birth this year, but next year, there’ll be more.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
I think none.
5. What countries did you visit?
It sounds weird to actually say, I visited Philippines. In the US, I visited some cities.
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
Green card. :)
7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Nothing really sticks. My Chicago and NYC trips were memorable though. Weekend moments. :)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting out of my comfort zone in some areas of my life.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Overthinking things and missing out on opportunities
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I’d say my PS3 and my laptop. Very useful! :)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Can’t think of anyone at the moment.
13. Whose behavior appalled you and made you depressed?
Hmmm… generally speaking, I get appalled or depressed with some people who suddenly just changes weirdly.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills, and shopping. I think I saved enough too this year.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Gangnam Style and Call Me Maybe.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? – happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? – fatter
iii. richer or poorer? – richer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Take risks! – again.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
overthinking. – again.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Spent it alone in my apartment. I had hot coco and okonomiyaki. Pitch Perfect was on DVD, and I was set for the night.
21. Did you fall in love in 2012?
Nope, but I had kilig moments.
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Amazing Race, American Idol, X Factor (UK), Vampire Diaries, Project Runway… I haven’t done much TV this year.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
I read Mark of Athena this year. It was meeh.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
27. What did you want and not get?
28. Favorite film of this year?
The Dark Knight Rises, Pitch Perfect
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
This year, I spent my birthday in New York with Laurence.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
32. What kept you sane?
Friends, internet, Netflix and food!
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Men of Vampire Diaries!
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
US presidential elections! The Obama win was sweet! 4 more years!
35. Who did you miss?
Family and friends from the Philippines!
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Tough one. So far, Jay impacted me the most.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
You do not get everything that you want/deserve in life.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger
Stand a little taller
Doesn’t mean I’m lonely when I’m alone
What doesn’t kill you makes you fighter
Footsteps even lighter
Doesn’t mean I’m over ’cause you’re gone