When I was trying to decide on accepting the assignment in California, one of my friends told me to tie it up to a goal. If the decision will contribute in reaching the goal, go for it. However, I was stupefied at that moment because I did not have a long term goal (something I want to work for in 5-10 years). Career-wise, I did not want to move up in the corporate ladder. I was already satisfied with the work I was doing. I figured that going up will lead to more stress that I do not want anymore. In my personal life, I am actually on the fence with really pushing some life-changing plans because of my green card processing. I don’t want to plan for a future yet where I am uncertain where I can establish roots.
I still want to achieve things though. I’m not just wasting life. If I can be a brat and come up with a wish list of “wants”, what would they be?
- Move to a progressive and diverse city that has 4 seasons (Chicago? Seattle? Washington DC?)
- Be in a good, serious relationship and get married
- Be financially independent (aka “be really rich”)
- Look good in a tank top
- Travel to Europe and Latin America for vacation
- Own a house
- Be better in volleyball (join a A or BB league?)
I think that’s about it. Those are the things that I want. I’m working on some of them but I have not been really serious on other things.
I just realized too how these wants are so different compared to a decade ago.