I can not believe that I have been doing this year end survey for YEARS now. I cannot wait to sum up 2014 already next year!
1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
– have a business trip to California
– follow through a strict diet (Paleo diet)
– attend a *REAL* pride
– drove all the way to Chicago and back.
– have 6 teeth removed at the same time.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
– I keep goals that I try to track regularly.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Irene, Trisha, Steph — did I miss anyone?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
my neighbor below my apartment died.
5. What countries did you visit?
I just visited the Philippines (Manila, Boracay). Within the States, I visited Indianapolis, Seattle, Chicago, and California.
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
Green card. :)
7. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Gosh, I wish 2013 was that monumental for me. I can probably say my birthday weekend was quite memorable.
12/31/2013 is also memorable.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Being able to complete my Whole30 diet and applying some of the practices from the Paleo diet.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Overthinking things and missing out on opportunities
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I bought some gadgets throughout the year, but I think my ticket back home to the Philippines is one of the best things I bought this year.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I think one of the biggest things this year was the repeal of DOMA. So, the majority of the SC merited celebration.
13. Whose behavior appalled you and made you depressed?
There is still some hate around the world. Why can’t we just live without it?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills, Vacation, Parents.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Spending time with friends and family. Receiving GREAT news on 12/31/2013.
16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
What Does The Fox Say, Thrift Shop, Summertime sadness, Beautiful,
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? – happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? – thinner
iii. richer or poorer? – richer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I was more grateful to things that I get in life. I want to really put a conscious effort in being grateful and happy.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
I wish I did not overthink things. It usually stops me from doing things. Some things are just meant to be enjoyed.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I’ll be spending Christmas with parents family. It’s my first christmas in the Philippines since 2010! It’s Noche Buena with my parents and thanks to Irene we got Lechon Cebu! :)
21. Did you fall in love in 2013?
Nope, but I had kilig moments.
22. How many one-night stands?
I know but I’m not putting that info out here. Haha!
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Scandal, Project Runway, Awkward, The Vampire Diaries.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
Oh man, it’s a toss up between Perks of Being A Wallflower and Gone Girl.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
27. What did you want and not get?
Green Card, and a bonus.
28. Favorite film of this year?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
It was my 30th birthday. I spent it with friends in Chicago! I was drunk out of my wits and had a great time! What happens in Chicago stays in Chicago! Haha!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Love and Green Card.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Smart Casual and more sporty.
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Tom Hiddleston dancing.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
35. Who did you miss?
Family and friends from the Philippines!
36. Who was the best new person you met?
I guess JV and JT? Haha!
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
Do things that will make yourself happy and satisfied, and you need to be happy on your own.
You accept the love you think you deserve.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
People like us, we’ve gotta stick together
Keep your head up, nothing lasts forever
Here’s to the damned, to the lost and forgotten
It’s hard to get high when you’re living on the bottom.