1. What did you do in 2017 that you’d never done before?
– did intermittent fasting
– attended NAGVA Nationals in Columbus
– traveled to Canada.
– attended a Crotonville training
– stayed in a hostel
– attend a same-sex wedding
– went to a Halloween party.
– started taking Wellbutrin and going to therapy
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
– I usually keep goals that I try to track regularly. I was looking back at my previous entries and I realized that I never blogged about my 2017 plans. I need to do that earlier this year and really fix my blogging rhythm
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No one that I know of.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My Tita Loleng.
5. What countries did you visit?
Montreal and Philippines internationally. In the US, New York, Columbus, Louisville, Indianapolis, Chicago.
6. What would you like to have in 2018 that you lacked in 2017?
In 2018, I want to build more self-confidence.
7. What date from 2017 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Maybe the day when Doug Jones won in Alabama. Who knew.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Following through IF and losing 15 lbs and hitting 13% body fat in the process
9. What was your biggest failure?
Getting hung up on people/things that I should not be.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Usual bout with the flu.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Alabama folks who voted for Doug Jones.
13. Whose behavior appalled you and made you depressed?
A friend’s husband.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Being able to play volleyball again.
16. What song will always remind you of 2017?
Say You Won’t Let Go
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? – happier
ii. thinner or fatter? – thinner
iii. richer or poorer? – richer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Being more present and grounded.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Obsessing on things that do not impact my life.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent Christmas at Irene’s with the gang. It was a nice and fun little celebration. I also made my mom’s baked spaghetti, but it’s not as good as hers.
21. Did you fall in love in 2017?
22. How many one-night stands?
In 2017, in all honesty, I do not know. I usually keep track of them but I’ve just let that go. I will get back to it in 2018!
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Rupaul’s Drag Race.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is such a strong word, but I feel negatively about some people versus last year.
25. What was the best book you read?
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The return of Sam Smith.
27. What did you want and not get?
28. Favorite film of this year?
Call Me By Your Name.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 34 this year and I was in Montreal, CA enjoying the city.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2017?
More adult and sporty.
32. What kept you sane?
Wellbutrin and therapy.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The usual political drama we have in the world. Nothing new, but can’t wait for 2018.
35. Who did you miss?
Family and friends from the Philippines!
36. Who was the best new person you met?
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2017.
Don’t let your thoughts get the better of you. Be present in reality.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I’m never gonna let you close to me
Even though you mean the most to me
‘Cause every time I open up, it hurts
So I’m never gonna get too close to you
Even when I mean the most to you
In case you go and leave me in the dirt